LETTERS HOME FROM RYLARIANS:
- "I've finally decided what I loved best about RYLA.
It gave me hope for peace, opened my eyes to the mutual depth of every human soul, and gave me one of the greatest gifts when it showed me a world where there wasn't a single wall or judgement between one person. I got the opportunity to weep along with a room full of 100 others, and also to see the beauty of the spirits in 100 great souls. It introduced me to something I had lost hope searching for, and ultimately changed my entire life.
And that is astronomically wonderful!
I can't even reach an end to all that I feel. Going to RYLA was honestly one of the best things that ever happened to me, and effects me almost daily. I just noticed yesterday that every time I have to write an essay or something about my life or something, I always mention RYLA camp in there. Even one practice college application form. =)
- "Before I arrived I was unmotivated and sloppy. My Dad always got on my case for this but could never change me. He had been trying and failing for 3 years. RYLA taught me that living a motivated personal life is worth every effort."
- "I learned about the future and how to get there"
- "Being a leader is about being willing to take risks: it's trust. It's communication."
- "I learned it's 'ok' to change directions"
- "Anything is possible"
- "Leadership is faith in others, myself and God"
- "I found the leader within, it's totally a new dimension of myself"
- "I have more respect for my grandpa. He was always my hero but I now have more respect for him as I learned more about what he was involved in."
- "A leader is not the person who gets up in front or has all of the answers, it's a person who is empathic and sympathetic enough to gain the trust of his followers to make a contribution"
WHAT RYLARIANS HAVE TO SAY:
- You're at the helm of you're own journey.
- ... and I explained how RYLA has helped me to understand and be loving of everyone no matter where they are from or what their religious background is.
- We took a break from having fun bowling only to have more fun dancing.
- I came to be a better leader, I am leaving a better person.
- RYLA was truely life changing.
- Thank you so much RYLA!! This experience changed my life for the better!!!
- Thank you so much everybody for giving me the best four days of my life. It was a life changing experience at RYLA.
- I sit on my couch, looking back after so much. Was it months, years, or decades. Days, it was just days. No that's wrong,it was so much more than just days.
- I'm a RYLArian and I am POWERFUL
- RYLA the best four days ever.
- Thank you so much for helping me break out of my shell and I plan to use this new found confidence everyday.
- RYLA has been an experience of a lifetime!
- Best best best camp ever!!!!! I love everyone who was involved and I hope to see wonders from everyone because I believe we are all great leaders and can change the world in a better way. RYvolution!!!!
- Thank you to everyone for making this weekend one of the most eye opening and motivational moments of my life so far.
- Months later and I still think about RYLA and the connections I made there everyday, and that is truly beautiful.